Federal Pacific Electric Breaker Panel Replacement

If your house has a Federal Pacific Electric panel, they were produced from the 1950s into the 1980s. Experts say that FPE panels do not conform to today’s updated safety codes and would no longer be allowed to be sold to be installed in your home. They have many problems and you may want to consider hiring a licensed electrician to inspect and possibly replace the panel.

According to Is My Panel Safe, “Using UL 289 test conditions, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) found that Federal Pacific Electric panels may be unfit for homes. The materials used to construct the breakers may be weak. As a result, the breakers may not trip, and the panel could be susceptible to catching on fire.”

At GENTEC Services, we’ve seen many of these FPE panels in homes around the Bay Area and the problems they can have. Many homes built in the 60s, like in many parts of Fremont, Hayward, and Oakland, still have these panels today. If you are concerned about your electrical panel, give us a call today at 925-954-9780 or 510-402-5580, or contact us online to find out if yours has a problem too. Don’t want to wait until it’s too late.

Book Now